June 30, 2011

Nags Head Sunrise

Every year since before I was born, my Dad's family treks down to Nags Head, NC for a week of family vacation. Almost his entire side of the family goes down for at least part of the week and we try to get together and see each other while we're there! Nags Head is the most relaxing beach on the PLANET! Most of that is because there is literally nothing to do past 9pm, but that's part of the charm that I like about it. Not having a single thing to do or worry about for a whole week besides which bathing suit I'm going to wear is rather enjoyable!

This year I had the pleasure of staying with my parents, my sister and her friend, and Bill and his brother Jon along with my uncle Ronnie and my aunt Vicky. It was a TINY little house, one of the smallest we have stayed at in many years - but that's what happens when you wait until the last minute to book something. (Plus, according to Mom it's hard to find pet friendly accommodations - and you KNOW Scooter is coming with!)


This post is dedicated to some of my ABSOLUTE favorite shots of the week: the sunrise shots! I woke up my first morning at 5am. My work schedule has completely destroyed my sleep schedule, so I was wide awake and couldn't go back to sleep for anything. 5am = sunrise, so I grabbed my camera and Scoot and we headed out to see the gorgeous beginning to a wonderful day. Here are a couple shots from the show we were lucky enough to see!








The sunrise was so worth getting up at 5am for! I tried to wake Bill up for one as the week went on, but he was too lazy to come see one. His loss because these pictures don't do it justice!

1 comment: