November 15, 2010

Hitting the Links!

If you know me at all, you know that I absolutely LOVE to play golf. It's the only time I will wake up before the crack of dawn without a single complaint! I always end up playing with my Dad and sometimes even get to spend some quality time with my Grandpa and Uncle Chris (who looks like he's my cousin! Keep scrolling down and you'll see what I'm talking about!) as well. It's an expensive past time, but it's always money well spent- even if we all play terribly! The old saying rings true, "I'll take a bad day on the golf course over a good day at work!" Of course I now have to bring along my new sidekick every time we hit the links. Here are a few shots from two different outings!

These first three shots are from Birdwood on the Saturday of the UVA/UNC football game. We hit the course extra early (7:45!!!) so we could get 18 holes in before we hit the tailgating/football game! Sounds like a perfect day right? It's pretty close!



These next shots are from Spottswood Country Club in Harrisonburg, VA. My Dad took off on a Friday and we spent the day with my Grampa hitting around the little white ball! It was an absolute blast and the course was really pretty, especially since the leaves had changed colors and were at their peak! I think this day may have actually been the perfect day: golf in the morning, UVA basketball that night followed by tailgating and UVA football early Saturday morning!






The views on the course were so beautiful!!








This was Dad's Birdie putt!... Yeah, he missed it...






Hole 18, my shot from 40 yards out. Birdie putt ensuing... and I missed it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment